Today I want to share my insights about the sprint goal:
- It is a short but complete sentence about the outcome of the sprint.
- It is as specific as possible.
- It is NOT just the amount of user stories.
- It helps the team to stay on focus during the sprint.
- It is allowed to edit user stories as far as they do not have an impact on the sprint goal.
- The team is committed on the sprint goal and not on the user stories.
Here is a very easy sprint goal which we defined in one of my last sprint planning:
„In this sprint we want to have the first export of PDF-files“
What is your experience?